Thursday, January 15, 2009

Grandparents

So now that we're approaching that milestone of one year it's given me time to reflect. Upon reflecting I realized I also have to give a big huge thanks to Elias' grandparents. Not only did my mom, dad and brad's mom take turns watching him when I went back to work, they also eased my apprehension, stress and worry. Thankfully we are one of the lucky few that gets to keep Elias out of daycare and the transition back to work wasn't as bad knowing he was in the hands his grandparents.

My dad, Bill, took the first shift and he fell back into changing diapers like a champ. He played Elias country music and they played lots of games. My dad also drives to see Elias once a month. Elias loves hanging out with Grandpa Bill. They dance, play and have lots of fun. I know my dad will keep him thoroughly entertained as he grows up.

Bette, my mother has been like having a built in nanny. She also jumped back into baby rearing like an old pro. Mom comes to stay with us for a week or so and gives this mother some much needed relaxation. The woman actually offers to change diapers, now you can't beat that with a stick. Mom has also let Brad and I have a couple of dates. She feeds, bathes and puts Elias to bed. Secretly I think he loves it because it's extra snuggle time with Gramma.

Finally, we have to thank Brad's mom Sonny the most. Sonny takes care of Elias two days a week when Brad works days. Elias loves Gramma Sonny and Grandpa Jim's house. Sonny has it set up like a grand daycare. He has great toys, wonderful food, and the loving care of Gramma. Sonny's taking care of Elias has allowed us to keep him out of daycare, let Brad and I see each other more than half the week, and to aid in raising Elias in a loving, caring environment. She also babysits on a whim! How much better can it get.

One last time, thanks! Brad and I truly, truly mean it. All the grandparents have been an invaluable part of Elias' first year of life. He has shared a bond with them that will never be broken. We love you all!

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy 1st Birthday Elias!! January 23, 2009

Carly, after reading your most recent Little Man Blues post, I wanted to thank you for the loving thoughts you expressed !!

As the celebration of Elias'
1st of year of life approaches … I wish to speak to how much Elias has enriched my life and to the Joy & Love I feel each & every moment I spend with him.

Just know that you, Carly, and Brad, have also brought " New Joy “ into my life, as I’ve shared in your journey in becoming the " Wonderful & Confident Parents " who continue to grow with each milestone you experience as a family.

love,

GrandMa Sonny – 01-19-2009