Sunday, October 5, 2008

Another day, another cold

So since we've have kids it seems like I've gotten more colds. I mean I know how I catch them from Elias, all the kisses. Seriously how can I stop giving him kisses but I thought I wouldn't catch anything from him. They say kids in their first year of life get 8-12 colds. Well parents must get at least 1/4 of them.

Elias came back from Texas with a cold that turned into an ear infection. If we weren't flying to Vermont this weekend the doc wouldn't have worried but we didn't want any ear issues on the plane so she gave him some antibiotics. For the past week Brad and I have been fighting what we assume are also sinus infections. They're not bad enough to take off work but nagging and persistent sinus issues. This comes after a cold a couple of months ago that put me out of commission for 3 work days.

Before Elias Brad and I had not gotten sick for two years! We both take vitamins and eat well but alas we're still getting sick. I have to say though, all those kisses are worth it! Have other parents experienced the same thing?

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Gus and I were sick from about Oct. through April last year. Yep. Looking forward to another season.