Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Doggate

So silly me. I really want to get Elias a puppy. I was scouring adoption sights, filling out applications and making contacts. A beautiful chocolate lab puppy caught our eye in Indiana. We filled out an application and was in strong consideration. That's when I realized, "Oh My God" I don't think I can handle a puppy and two kids under two. I think when the realization of actually getting the dog hit me, I freaked. Believe me I really want the boys to grow up with a dog, and they will, but I don't think I can handle it right now. A newborn keeping us up all night, a puppy waking up the other hours, chasing after Elias, chasing after the puppy, my head is already spinning.

Brad and I talked it over and decided we're going to look into adopting a puppy next spring or summer. That way Elias will be 2 1/2 and the New Nolan will be about a year. I'm sure things will still be crazy, I have a feeling they are going to be around here for a while, but at least a bit more manageable.


However, if anyone is looking for an adorable chocolate lab puppy, or any dog, check out Petfinder and Sklyer. My heart breaks every time I look at him but I know that we can not provide enough time and love for him at this time.

1 comments:

Carmamma said...

You're gunna have to stop torching yourself. This one is a cutie---how can you resist? But I have to say, it would be hard to have two kids and puppy. You can always borrow Bella if you need a fix!