Thursday, August 21, 2008

Haircut Story

So some of you had heard my haircut story but some have not so hear goes. Last week I had an appointment to get my haircut. I had decided to chop it all off. As you women know, this is sometimes scary and you have to work up the nerve to do. So I psyched myself all day to get it chopped. I entered my hair salon and said I had an appointment. This is were the craziness begins.

They tell me, oops its for next week, which was their mistake not mine. Again as you ladies know, since I had worked up the nerve the haircut was going to happen that day! I decided to find another place and see if they could fit me in. After several calls and searches on the Aveda website I found what I thought was a reputable place in a decent suburb. I checked out their website, called and lo and behold they could fit me in. Now let me paint the picture as I walked in.

First, it was in a strip mall. Not that all salons in strip malls are bad, I usually just don't happen to go to them. Second, there were a number of little old ladies getting perms. Again, nothing wrong with little old ladies but they tend not to frequent the salons I go to. Third, my hairdresser walks out and he visibly has Parkinson's. I know many people live long, happy lives with Parkinson's (look at Michael J. Fox) but you usually don't want your hairdresser to shake as he cuts 13 inches off your hair.

I almost turned around and walked out, but I'd come this far. It couldn't be that bad, and it wasn't! I actually got a cut I really, really like. He cut off 13 inches of my hair and I donated it to Locks of Love. My hair is easy, healthy and now baby-proof.

Even though I did like the cut I don't think I'll be returning. Not for any of the aforementioned reasons but they charged me for a blow-dry! Are you kidding me!

0 comments: