Monday, August 4, 2008

Packer Dilemma

Okay there is no escaping the Brett Favre drama going on and especially not in our household. With Brad as an editor of a sports section and both of us rabid Packer fans, there has been much discussion. Not that anyone cares but I feel the need to voice my opinion. The Packers are being idiots. Yes Brett said he was retiring, yes he wants to come back, yes he's being a bit whiny but come on are you seriously going to sit him or worse, trade him. You can't tell me that Aaron Rodgers is going to be a better quarterback than Brett. There's only a few quarterbacks that MAY and I say MAY be better than Brett and Aaron Rodgers is not one of them. As Brad keeps saying, he's no Steve Young waiting in the wings, it's Aaron Rodgers. Brett should win the starting job hands down.



Let's talk trade. If the Packers trade Brett Favre I'm done. Seriously. I don't think I can watch football this year. If Brett goes to the Vikings, or worse yet the Bears I'm selling my Packer stock. Again I'm serious. If Brett goes to another NFC Central team he will kill the Packers. We will suck and Brett will come back and kick our butts (unless it's too cold, as we all know Brett hates the cold now). I really truly hope that Elias gets to see Brett Favre play in a Packers uniform. The team owes it to him, to us and the city of Green Bay.

So now that I've vented, what's your opinion? I'd love to hear it, even you Bears fans. Also check out Brad's paper's blog. Click here to check it out.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

it did them a lot good last year to have him around, . . . nice to see the packers investing in the future instead of living in the past
- cnolan