Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Let the good times roll.

So Elias' rolling over has turned from super cool to making me nervous. He now likes to try and sleep in his side. I usually wait until he's asleep and then I move him onto his back. Well, most of the time he wakes up from this and gives me a whine of disappointment but then goes back to sleep. Last night, from 3 a.m. to 4 a.m., yes I'll repeat that 3 a.m. to 4 a.m. he decided to have a rolling over party in his crib. He wasn't disturbing us but with that video monitor I kept having to look to make sure he wasn't on his side. Twice I went and moved him, also mind you he did a FULL 180 degree turn. Yes his head was facing south when I put him down and when I went into his room later it was facing north. At approximately 4 a.m. he started crying. Well looking at our trusty video monitor we found him on his stomach with an arm outside the crib.

I'm going to call our pediatrician today but does anyone have any experience with this? I feel I shouldn't let him sleep in his side but he seems to SLEEP that way. Any words of wisdom would be great!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Eventually, he will sleep on his stomach. As long as he rolls into that position himself, it's ok. If he can lift his head and roll stomach to back he's fine. But I would still keep blankets, etc. out of crib until he is a bit older.

Carly said...

Thanks Michelle. That seems to be the general consensus. It's just so hard to get over the "back to sleep" that has been pounded into your brain. But I guess when they can move around like that they are good to go!