Sunday, March 9, 2008

Introducing the Fam...

My name is Carly and I'm a 33 year old new mom. My husband Brad and I had our first child, Elias, on January 23, 2008, after about a year of trying. Brad and I have been married for 7 years and been together about 14 (yes we started dating young). We met at the University of Wisconsin-Madison (Go Badgers) our freshman year in Ogg Hall. After several years we ended up in the Chicagoland area where I attended law school. Currently I'm working at the Cook County Public Defender's Office and Brad is the Sports Editor at the Naperville Sun. I'm sure Brad will add more information, as well as correct my grammar, in later posts.





In 1995 Marbie became a member of our family. He would be considered our first baby. Since Elias has been born Marbie's been great, surprisingly. He took to older brotherhood like he'd been doing it his whole life. I'm very proud of him.





Just about six weeks ago Elias joined the fam and I'll tell you he is an amazing, wonderful, special, loving, addition (can you tell I think he's the best)! There will be a lot more on him later believe me. By the way, he smiled for the first time on March 5!





Well, that's it for now. I do have several thoughts, comments and ideas I want to blog about in the upcoming days. Also, I'll be looking for sage advice and opinions from those of you who are already parents, or just anybody. Brad will be posting as well. I'm sure you'll be able to tell his posts by his fantastic prose and etiquette. :)

Talk to you soon...C

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

What an unexpected treat !!

Your first edition has been printed and placed in ...

"The Elias Book"


Love,
GrandMa Sonny & GrandPa Jim
~ March 09, 2008