Monday, April 28, 2008

Dog day afternoon (well, morning actually)

So after mom's post about my doggie Marbie last week, I thought I'd update everybody after his vet appointment this morning.

Our vet Dr. Hager at Hinsdale Animal Hospital examined Marbie and the good news first: he doesn't have hip dysplasia and everything else with him (his sight, hearing and overall well being is solid for a dog of 12+ years).

But Dr. Hager did believe Marbie's pooping problem - even though he hasn't gone inside the house for a week now since mom and dad seemed to figure out when he has to go every day - may be related to his arthritis in his back legs. Basically, the swelling and stiffness of his joints may be impinging some nerves, cutting some of the signals from his brain to his, well you know, and causing him to poop without warning.

If we can reduce the swelling with some arthritis meds, we may be able to eliminate these "accidents."

We'll keep you up to date - but encouraging news so far.

As for me, I turned on my crib waterfall soother with my feet last night - and then turned it on again twice more - to wake mom and dad up at 4 a.m. All this after doing a complete 180 in my crib earlier in the night. That was fun!

Peace out, Elias.

0 comments: