Monday, May 19, 2008

Garden of Eden



Yesterday we planted the garden. This year, of course, we went all organic. We planted five different heirloom tomato plants, some onions, swiss chard, cucumbers, strawberries, and peppers (purple, red and hot and spicy). Every year we do this and have tons of extra tomatoes and cukes but hey our relatives and co-workers also reap the benefits. I love gardening and doing things in the yard. We're planning on landscaping the East side of our backyard next weekend with plenty of Hosta varieties and some other shade growing plants. I can't wait until Elias is old enough to help and dig in the mud. Right now he's not very interested in hanging out in the yard. I guess that's why mom's don't do much yard work. He played on his activity mat in the shade for a while then sat with me on the deck but most of the time just wanted to hang with mom. That's okay, hanging with me is also my favorite thing. So for all of you who we will see this summer, we'll make you a cucumber salad with some nice heirloom tomatoes.

0 comments: