Thursday, May 15, 2008

No Sleep till Brookfield

Okay, now being back at work the lack of sleep is starting to kill me. It's not like I don't get sleep, I usually head to bed around 10:00 p.m., I don't get continuous sleep. Every night Elias wakes me up around 1:00 a.m. and then again around 4:00 a.m. The first one he eats, the second one his head is usually lodged against the crib rails or his arms and/or legs are dangling outside. Now I completely understand the no one would like to sleep with their head against a rail but jeez, if I could just get one night of sleep.



I tried to train my body a few weeks before I went back to work. I would get up at 6:00 a.m. and not take a nap but there is something about ACTUALLY working that makes you even more tired. The bummer of the situation is that Elias actually sleeps 6-8 hours straight. Yes, SIX to EIGHT hours straight. They're just from 6:30 to 1:30 a.m.

Don't get me wrong, I love the kid more than life itself but could he give a Mom a break. Maybe sleep from 11:00 p.m. to 6:00 a.m.
So I have yet to write a date in his baby book in the slot that says "slept through the night". I know, I know sleeping six hours in a row is considered sleeping through the night, but until I fall asleep at night and don't wake up until the morning, Elias has yet to sleep through the night.

How did everyone else get through this? Do you have any tips, pointers, drugs (ha ha just kidding about the last one) that can help me survive the title of "Working Mom"?

0 comments: