Friday, May 2, 2008

This week on Cribs, Elias.


Guess who has two thumbs and sleeps in his crib all night, this baby! Yeah, that's right I'm sleeping in my crib all night. Now I still don't sleep through the night, I wake up mom just once during the night and sleeping in about 5 1/2 hour stretches, but it's all in my crib!

You know it wasn't too difficult. Mom just decided we were going to have a bed time ritual everytime I napped or went down for the night and you know what, I really like it. Around 6:30 we head up stairs for a bath. I love my baths, we splash the water and play with the ducky. Then I get my PJ's on and we read a book. I hold onto my lion-headed blanket "Roary", and after I chow down I fall asleep to some classical music (I'm a sophisticated baby). Before Mom & Dad head to bed I eat again and then don't wake them up until 3 or 4 a.m. I think I'm pretty close to sleeping through the night but I kind of like seeing Mom during the night so I'll keep doing it till I get sick of it.



If I get bored I turn on my crib toy. If I can't reach it with my hands I'll use my feet. It's nice to wake up the 'rents that way. Sleeping in my crib is fun. I can turn myself all the way around and sometimes stick my legs out the side. It is always interesting when Mom gets me in the morning.


Mom said we shouldn't have a bumper on because of something called "smothering" but I'm not sure. Do any of you other babies stick your legs out? Do you have a bumper on your cribs? Let me know so I can tell Mom. Peace out...Elias




1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Liza used to, so I used the "breathable bumper"- but she was around 6 months when I put it on. I took it off after a few months- she's gotten stuck just once.

I also read that injury from getting leg/arm stuck in slat is much less than potential injury from bumpers. Also, Liza uses a sleep sack and that keeps her legs in the crib.

http://www.onestepahead.com/catalog/product.jsp?productId=534464&cmSource=Search